Thursday, December 17, 2009

tricky

1. Luke's word of the moment is 'tricky'. He uses this a lot, and usually not in the right context. I think he thinks it means 'silly' or 'funny'. Example: the other day he got some little candy canes from his buddies at Wellers, and he came home and said, "They made them tiny, huh? That's funny! They are tricky, huh?"

2. Speaking of Luke being mixed up, he is still telling me what he wants to be for Halloween on a daily basis. He wants to be a bat. A scary one. He is definitely excited for Christmas, and enjoys talking about Santa, presents, and snowmen, but I'm kinda thinking that he thinks we will be dressing up... I'm not sure. But, when Halloween does come around again, he has already decided on a costume for me. He asked me the other day, "You want to be a house for Halloween?"

3. Luke likes to pout. He will sit in his room and cry or tell himself what an unjust world it is for quite a long time. Me, being tired of the pouting, just lets him hang out in there until he stops and decides to come out. But, Isaac being the big sweetheart, goes in and tries to cheer him up. I appreciate that he shows concern and love for his brother, but there is the part of me that wishes he wouldn't feed into Luke's drama. I let him do it though, because I know the day will come when they might not show so much brotherly love.

4. Adam took the boys out for lunch and while they were eating some cops came into the restaurant. Isaac asked Adam why they were there. Adam told him that they were probably getting some lunch. Surprised by this, Isaac says, "Cops eat too?" The boys had no idea that cops had to eat. I have always assumed there are some things that are self-explanatory... I guess I am wrong.

5. As Adam was helping Luke get some pants on today he says, "Daddy, when they (his pants) grow up, they will fit you, huh?" Once again, I guess there are some fundamentals that I have overlooked in teaching my kids... people grow, not clothes.

Pics of the week:

This captures two things about Asa: a) he LOVES wearing hats or putting things on his head, and b) he pulls that face a lot, which I love.

Isaac put on quite the performance in his preschool's nativity play. He got to play Joseph.

Joseph wouldn't hold Mary's hand.

Joseph was more interested in the star than in baby Jesus. Nice trucker shirt, huh?

So, the following pictures show just how impossible it is to get a decent picture with Luke and Isaac... they have forgotten how to look at a camera and smile. I wanted to get a picture of them with the gingerbread house we had just made, but it was more than they are capable of. Thank goodness for digital cameras - now instead of just one goofy picture, I have a dozen.


4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. I can't wait to hear the things our kids say. I love hearing the thought process of children. They make us think about things that we take for granted. You have such cute little characters living in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these stories are so funny! I was laughing right out loud. I should take after your example and write down the funny day to day things because those are the things I will forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mames,

    I was laughing sooo hard at these pictures! I can see it now....while taking the pictures you were probably getting really ticked because they would cooperate, but then as you went through them actually saw how hilarious they were! I love those boys of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get over how "Loveridge" Luke is!!!

    I love all of the pictures, too. Hilarious. I always look forward to your posts.

    The word verification for this was "gonad" and I had to edit it to let you know. No joke.

    ReplyDelete