Sunday, January 3, 2010

the trickster

I know that there will be so many disappointed people out there, left wanting more of the usual obnoxiously long, wordy posts that I do, but I apologize - just one wordy story this time. I wanted to write down this example of what a trickster Isaac thinks he is... and, how things that are obvious, don't seem to be obvious to Isaac. So, while at my mom's house, my sister and brother were sucking helium, cracking up all of the kids. Isaac starts talking higher to try to sound like them and was cracking himself up. He leaves the room and says 'hi' in the voice, then runs back in - CRACKING up to the point of weakness. I say, "What was that noise? Isaac, did you get into the helium?!", and he is thinking that he really tricked me. He continues to laugh and we all continue to laugh at him. Then, he comes up with a great idea. He is going to trick daddy when we get home. And, he is once again, cracking himself up as he tries to tell me his plan (Isaac has as much fun just talking about something, as he does actually doing it). All the way home, he plots with such excitement: "I will go where daddy can't see me, and say 'hi' (in the voice). Then, daddy will wonder what that noise was, and he will probably think there is some kind of creature in there. Bugs are creatures, huh mom." And, as he goes on and on, I am thinking, I need to make sure to clue Adam in on Isaac's plan, so that he can play along and not destroy the excitement in this sweet, goofy, gullible little boy. So, we get home, and while in the bathroom, Isaac does his high voiced 'hi'. I whisper to Adam to act surprised. Adam plays along, and asks what that noise was and if there was a mouse in the bathroom. Isaac comes running out, laughing uncontrollably. He honestly thinks he has just tricked his dad. I tell Isaac to tell daddy why he was doing that voice, and Isaac says, "No, I don't want to tell him yet. I want to trick him again." So, he goes back into the bathroom and, yes, he tricked his daddy a second time. And, if we are lucky, there will be more tricks in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's awesome. He is quite genius. But, hey, there is nothing wrong with being gullible. I think perhaps it makes life a bit more enjoyable. Also, must say, I too get more excited talking about doing a lot of things than actually doing them. Great story. I'm not too disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Isaac is such a silly boy. His brain is always working, you can just see all of his questions building up in his eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids crack me up! It was so fun seeing you the other night. I think we need to plan stable reunions or something cause it was really fun seeing everyone.
    As for getting an Arian I think you have to marry a Cody.....I'll let you know when I'm done with mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete