Saturday, July 18, 2009

girl's camp 09

This week I had the opportunity to go to my ward's girl's camp for a few days (I'm second counselor). I am so glad that I was able to go, because I truly had a blast! I loved the chance to get to know the girl's even better and I came away very uplifted. It was amazing to see how inspired everything was... GREAT speakers, fun activities, and awesome camp directors and leaders (I'm not speaking of myself. Although...). Our ward is so blessed to have such amazing girl's! They are all genuinely nice and non-clickish, so we had very little drama (but, still a little... it is girl's camp). Best of all, I came back determined to be a better mother - I missed my boys SO much! Of course, that high wore off within 3 days, and I'm back to my old self. Well, here are a few pictures. I tried to make sure that I am in most of them so that they are visually pleasing :)
Me, Melody (our AMAZING camp director), and Jenny (her AWESOME assistant)

Our first day... notice how clean everyone is.

Me and Becky (our INCREDIBLE YW's president) on a sweet paddle boat - the girls got stuck with the ever-so-stable canoes.

Group shot after canoeing... nobody got dumped.

Me and the 4th year girls who did the overnighter... it was so much fun!

A scene from our killer skit... it was pretty much the best skit of the night.

And finally, some of our group playing a little game before testimony meeting. I'm sure they would all love me for this picture.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!! The girls are lucky to have such awesome leaders. I notice you are not in that last picture... that is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's great!! I'm sure they all love you 'cuz you are the coolest. And, of course, glad that you were in most the pics, cuz it's true, they make it much more pretty with how HOT you are!! haha. Anyways, looks like you had a ton of fun, and sometimes just going back to the stupid games and skits of camp is awesome! Glad you had some great uplifting moments as well. Those are always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for going up with them. It was nice as a parent to know Lizzie was in such good hands. You guys do such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Girls camp is a pretty great experience. It's awesome that you got to go. :)

    Also, I hope the Hot and Sour soup recipe works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you look exactly like you do in OUR girl's camp pictures. Awesome! You look so great!

    Also, I'm pretty sure I know Becky. Ask her if she knows me, and if she does, tell her I said hello, would you, pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete