Monday, July 27, 2009

water conservation - what is that?

1. I try not to waste water: I water in the evening, turn the water off while brushing my teeth, no unnecessary flushing of the toilet. My boys on the other hand, would have the hose running every waking minute of the day, if permitted. I know that A) it's summer, and B) kids naturally LOVE water, but I'm pretty sure that with my boys (especially Isaac) it's an obsession... an unhealthy one. I can't seem make him understand that the water doesn't have to be on every time he is outside.

Isaac creating a river, and Luke laying in the dirt... awesome!

2. Now, an update: my garden is growing! My zucchini, pea, and pumpkin plants have little zucchinis, peas, and pumpkins growing on them. I hoped something would grow, but I didn't really expect it to... after all, this is my practice garden. I also didn't expect success to be this exciting. The peppers and melons are still too small to produce anything... I think summer will be over before they have a chance to.




3. On the 24th, I (Adam worked) had some of my family over for a bbq. My boys were thrilled to have some of their cousins over to play with. They played in water, chased each other around, and covered my back porch with poppers. To top off the night we lit some sweet fireworks. I went all out and purchased a $15 package... totally worth every penny. At least the kids appreciated them... except the older ones, who kept saying, "They all look the same". It was a fun evening, though.


4. Isaac had his first money making experience. He decided he wanted to do a lemonade stand - we had no lemonade, so it ended up being a kool-aid stand. So, in the blazing heat of the day (I wanted to wait until the other 2 were taking naps), we set up shop. We had two generous customers and a few cups of nice, refreshing kool-aid ourselves.


5. Adam took Isaac "scouting" for mountain goats the other morning. Isaac was SO excited to wake up early and go hike around with his dad. I love how much he enjoys being with Adam, and how much Adam enjoys taking him.

1 comment:

  1. Your family is ridiculously cute. I LOVE that last picture of Isaac. Let's play soon!

    ReplyDelete