Tuesday, September 8, 2009

asa speaks

1. We took Grandma Loveridge for a ride in the Ranger. She had requested a nice scenic ride through the country in which she worked this summer, but with Adam behind the wheel, she had much more of an adventure. I'm pretty sure we were in some sort of race. We must have been in the lead, because I didn't see any other racers the entire time. But, it was nice to get out and spend a little time together before summer is over.

Look at Luke's hair

Asa loved the ride


2. So, Adam was telling me about some ATV that kept having problems and that neither him nor the dealer could figure out what was wrong with it. Isaac, overhearing our conversation, replies, "But, daddy, you can fix anything."

3. Another Isaac moment: After church on Sunday, Isaac kept saying that he liked how fast church went by. And, I kept trying to convince him that it was just as long as any other week. Then, he said, "It was fast Sunday this week, not the slow Sunday like the other weeks."

4. Asa has finally said his first word. He has been making sounds or mimicing sounds for a while now, but hasn't pointed at something and identified it... until now. And, his first word is (drum role, please), "I-ya". For "Isaac".

This is Asa's smile lately. I guess he wants to show off his chompers.

5. Now, for a reoccurring phenomenon that has me marveling every time it happens. Luke can spontaneously produce a poop whenever it is convenient for him. Usually, this is before naptime/bedtime. It is his way of buying 5-10 more minutes before going to bed. I can almost always count on hearing, "I need to go poo-oop", coming from underneath his door within five minutes of closing it. This may seem like an odd thing to record, but I truly find it impressive (and a little annoying) that he has that sort of control over his bowels.

4 comments:

  1. As always, your 5 things are great! I always felt Fast Sundays went by soooooo muuuuuuch sloooooower than any other Sunday. Good for Isaac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lists! It looks like Asa has about as many teeth as Grace. The pooping thing is truly amazing...really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA...I also wish I had that control over my bowels. That is a true marvel. I hope he can keep it for the rest of his life. Love those chompers, that is a great smile. Oh, and of course the ride looked awesome. The hair, the smiles. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy - your boys are so dang cute!!! We missed you all at the Johansen Reunion - but looks like you were keeping your mom plenty entertained in the mountains all summer. Love to all - Aunt Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete