Tuesday, May 25, 2010

sometimes it's cool to be wrong... extremely cool

So, I guess there are certain things that are better left to the professionals. Take ultrasounding, for instance. I should not assume that me and my sis + an old ultrasound machine = 100% accuracy. Despite my concern of getting my hopes up - only to get them dashed, I went ahead and tried to get a sneak peak (I had to know now!). And, I swear what I saw was 100% boy. I had seen it before, and I so I knew I was right. But, apparently, sometimes I am wrong... thanks goodness. Was it a strategically placed umbilical cord? Maybe. But, whatever it was, it wasn't there today. CRAZY!!! It literally blew my mind when the ultrasound tech said it was a girl - not just a girl, but unmistakeably a girl. Well, I am obviously on cloud 9 right now. I don't think my mind has completely grasped the realness of this, but maybe as I now transfer that bin of boy clothes into the growing garage sale pile and buy my first pink item, it will sink in. WOW!!!!!!

p.s. Just so my sister's reputation isn't completely tarnished, I must mention that she was right on my last one. Lucky guess? :) (Love ya Steph!!!)

The proof:

8 comments:

  1. This is the best news I have heard in a long time! I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for you!! Girls are so much fun and I am so excited you get to have a daughter. Just make sure you increase your monthly clothes budget because they are SOOO much fun to shop for! Seriously I cannot stop smiling - I am SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That is incredible. I'm so excited for you and it gives me hope that one day there might be a girl for us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I just SCREAMED out loud when I read this. I'm SO EXCITED for you! I can't believe it! My sister Ashlee is going in for her US on Friday. She has 3 boys. I'm hoping this good news rubs off on her! I always say every daddy needs a daughter. I also think that goes for moms too! Congrats. What a sweet blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That is so exciting. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRLLLLLLLL!!!! Yay, Amy!!! I'm so excited for you guys! She's going to have so many pals/protectors in her brothers. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't be happier for you. This made my whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is an exciting surprise! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete