Friday, May 7, 2010

it's all good

So, I must be a very mature, understanding, get-the-big-picture sort of person. Okay, not really, but I am a little surprised at how quickly I got over my self pitty. I really thought it might take me a little longer to get over my disappointment. But, I can actually say that I think of my little baby boy with excitement instead of mourning that he is not a she. It's cool, it's okay... it's all good. I look at my three rowdy, unruly, crazy boys and I'm thankful. I wouldn't trade them for the world (most of the time). And, I can't wait to add yet another level of craziness to my chaos, for whom I also won't want to trade (hopefully) once I meet him. Yeah, I'll still be a little bummed that I won't get to raise a little girl, but there's a bigger picture. And, at least I have an abundance of nieces to live vicariously through. Yay! Boy number four! :)

p.s. I just overheard my boy's playmate ask if we had any "pepsi, which is pop". Luke told him very enthusiastically, "No, but we have pickles!" I love that random boy.

3 comments:

  1. I'd take a pickle over a Pepsi any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, that is awesome. Pickles for sure...glad to hear you are fully embracing it at this point. The chaos can only get better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I really so behind in life that I didn't know you were having a boy? I am going to take a shower at 2:00 in the afternoon and make myself a more productive member of our neighborhood. You have have cute, sweet, and smart boys and I'm sure #4 will be the same! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete