Monday, August 23, 2010

asa turns two

Asa has been two for almost a week now... does that mean I should stop referring to him as a baby? Maybe once the official baby is here I'll be ready to call him a toddler. Whatever he is, he has me wrapped around his finger. Maybe I've chilled out a little as I've gotten 'older', or maybe my other two boys have broke me down enough that a freight train could run through my house and I wouldn't even notice: either way, I think I have been able to endure Asa's toddler antics with more humor and 'patience' than I did with the other two (I feel kind of guilty admitting that). So, even though he's a total stinker, he brightens my day with his fun, goofy, lovable personality. Here are a few things about him at the ripe ol' age of two:

1. He is very lovable and affectionate. He gives us all lots of kisses, hugs, and cuddles that help him get away with a lot. One of my favorite things that he does is pat me on the back as I'm hugging him.

2. He is not shy at all. There was a very brief moment when he considered having some stranger anxiety, but he got through it quickly and is back to not caring whether or not I am there to save him. He will climb into pretty much anyone's lap who sits on our couch.

3. He loves himself a good book. It makes it hard at bedtime, because he doesn't quite get the 'each kid gets to pick out one book' rule, so he will keep coming back with book after book. And, since he's so dang cute, he often gets two or three books (favoritism?).

4. Like I mentioned, he can be a stinker. Isaac and Luke have shed many tears over destroyed projects or pictures that Asa has gotten his hands on (all while laughing).

5. He is a man of few words... but a lot of sounds. He can't say a lot, but he's trying, so I guess that's good... right? One thing he's got down is a good scream (probably thanks to his older brothers example/encouragement), especially when he's in one of his loopy moods, running around.

6. One of my favorite things that he does is give me hugs while he is in the shopping cart. Whenever I stop to grab an item, I get a big Asa hug along with it.

7. Another one is how he backs up into my lap if I am sitting on the floor (which is getting harder these days :).

8. I love his over exaggeration of a lot of things, like: his cheesy smile, the way he turns his head away and draws out his 'no' like you have just suggested something unbearable, and the way he throws himself off balance as nods and says 'uh-huh'.

9. I also love how over dramatic he can be when he gets wet and comes in and says 'brrr' as I take his wet clothes off and wrap him up in a towel, and when he gets hurt, how he says, 'ow, ow, ow... ' in a totally phony voice so that you will baby him.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Asa! Love the pics, as always...

    Nora pats my back when we hug, too! And it's one of my very favorite things as well.

    ReplyDelete