Friday, August 20, 2010

the loveridge's hit up lava hot springs

1. It was reunion time for my family and this year we found ourselves in Lava Hot Springs. We had been counting down to this trip for a while: my boys, because they were extremely excited to play for four days straight with cousins and have some fun; me, because I have been feeling guilty about my boys not having much of a summer... and I like my family.

So, the questions from Isaac started pretty early on in the drive, but surprisingly nothing in regards to the name of our destination. Surprising because every little boy seems to have a fascination with lava... hot lava. Instead, he asked if they spoke a different language in the state of Idaho. He was a little nervous about leaving Utah until I reassured him that it wouldn't look or feel too much different than Utah... and that they spoke English. Once grandma brought up the exciting topic of 'lava hot springs' then the questions really got going. So, we talked of lava and volcanoes, prickly soy fields, when we would cross the border, and whether we would see any aspens in Idaho, and before we new it, we were there!

One of the days we went to the swimming pool in town - which was surprisingly nice. It had water slides and Isaac, being the fearless boy he is, wanted to go down the speed slides. So, Adam took him over to watch someone come down to make sure he was sure he would still want to go down. He was confident, so up the stairs they climbed. It was so fun to watch him come down and then jump up, beaming with pride.

Another day we spent a few hours on some tubes in the river. This was probably the funnest part of the trip for most of us... except Luke. After one run he decided that the cold water wasn't worth the thrill and decided to hang out in the car with grandma and Asa (I can't thank you enough, mom!). It's amazing just how different Isaac and Luke are from each other.

The rest of the time was spent visiting at camp and enjoying some adult time around the fire once the kids were in bed. We had a great time with my family, and once again I am reminded of just how blessed I am to have the family that I do. Now me and Adam have the fun job of planning next year's reunion... goody. Here are the only pics that I got up there. I guess I was having too much fun to pull out my camera :)

I wish this picture wasn't blurry so you could really see his face.

2. The other day Isaac asked me, "Are blood cells made in the heart?"
Me: "No, actually blood cells are made inside your bones - in bone marrow."
Isaac, in a very impressed voice: "Do you know that because you used to be a doctor?"
That's right, I'm a freaking genius.

3. Luke and I were watching TV and Ellen Degeneres (sp?) came on. Luke asked me, "Is that a girl?". I told him 'yes', and then he asked, "What kind of girl?" That's perception for ya.

4. Adam was practicing his elk call while driving with the boys, when Isaac says, "Maybe people are driving by thinking, 'What the hell is that guy doing?'". I know we shouldn't laugh, but you've gotta admit, that's funny. Plus, I actually think that's the first time that I've heard Isaac 'swear'.

5. Isaac was creating a flower garden on a computer game and was pretty proud of his green thumb. He asked me to come see his fine work and said, "Mommy, try not to cry when you see this because it's so beautiful."

Random pics:

Luke fell in love with this dog when we went up and spent a day at the Johansen camp. It reminded me of why we need to get a dog... maybe next year.

3 comments:

  1. We love Lava Hot springs. I am sad we didn't make it up there this year.

    Did you find the hot water springs that flow out into the river?

    Summertime makes the best memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to remember not to read your blog while I'm at work. If you laugh sporatically for no apparent reason, people near your cubicle may begin to think your losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went there right before we moved and had a blast! I had no idea what to expect... but the pools were way nice, and the kids really loved it. I love that your family gets everyone together for big fun things like this.

    ReplyDelete