Tuesday, May 22, 2012

time just flies by

Okay.  So, it's been a while since I've updated the blog.  And, since I can't remember much of the last few months, other than being all consumed trying to house break the dang dog, this will mostly be lots and lots of pictures... I think pictures are more interesting than words, anyways.

1.  One major change in our home, second to the dog, is a semi-intense diet change, aka GAPS.  I won't bore you with the details, but basically, the kiddos and I can only eat food that I have prepared (to ensure it's GAPS legal).  I have to say, I was quite nervous to start on this journey, but it turns out that my kids attitudes have been beyond amazing.  Especially Luke and Asa, whom I had expected to fight me the most on it.  Little Asa, is a pro at turning away treats offered him because they aren't part of his "special diet".   Even their teachers have been amazed at how well they have handled it - enjoying some carrots while their classmates are munching on Goldfish.  And, an added bonus (well, I think it's a bonus), is that for the first time since having these boys, they actually have an appetite.  They eat!  And, they will eat just about anything placed before them.  I never thought I'd see the day when Luke Pulley would eat sauerkraut, and actually like it (which my boys pronounce 'sauer-crap' - not even realizing the humor in it... I have yet to correct it, because it's too funny).

2.  Isaac's school had their big 'Hope of America' program.  It was surprisingly... enjoyable.  One of those things that only a parent would appreciate.  Even Adam, who couldn't produce a good enough reason to get out of going, enjoyed watching Isaac.  It took me back to my own patriotic program at Scera Park elementary, singing along with Neil Diamond's, 'Their Coming to America' - which a group of old ladies performed a dance number to, interestingly enough.  It was fun to watch Isaac, and be able to pick him out among his peers based upon his movements, efforts, and such.


3.  Here are some pictures of a visit to the zoo.  What's so special about going to the zoo, you ask?  Well, the fact that I took all four of my kids by myself, managed to keep track of them the whole time (for the most part), and actually had FUN, warrants some recognition.

PEACOCK!!!  Had this been the only animal that we saw at the zoo, Luke would have left, happy as a clam.  They're pretty much his favorite animal (for now).





No way!!  A peacock lover's dream come true!

I love the face.


4.  Somewhere over the last few months, Luke learned to ride a two wheeler!  What was the hold up?  Me. Or, Adam.  Either way, we dropped the ball with taking the time to remove the training wheels and get the poor kid riding on two wheels.  With Luke's personality I expected it to be a little (a lot) rough... a lot of pouting, a lot of 'I'm never's', and a lot of collapsing into a heap of frustration (on my end).  But, wouldn't you know it, he just took off, and never needed my assistance with any of it.  So, it just goes to show that once in a while, your kids do surprise you.  Unfortunately, we failed to get a picture of the big day.

5.  Lots of pictures which sum up the last few months, not to mention a strong need for me to do my poor girl's hair once in a while:

Elise...

... sure...

... likes...

... Gus.


Boy, he sure puts up with a lot from the kids.


HAIR!  I tried to capture Elise's awesome nap hair, but this doesn't quite do it justice.  You just never know what you're going to get when she wakes up.









A true musician.



Now there's even more competition for the heat vent in the mornings.


Elise loves to sit on people's heads when the opportunity presents itself.  She especially loves to sit on Gus' head... but, this isn't Gus... it's Luke.







Isaac loves his Jazz jersey.  It's his go to shirt after school.  He even hangs it on his wall at night on occasion.

This was the first (and only) time I got to see Isaac ski this last winter.  Since he goes to Soldier Hollow, it's a regular thing, but alas, winter is now over, and I never made it out with him.  At least I was able to support him in his very first olympics.  What a fun school!









1 comment:

  1. sounds like an awesome, yet somewhat crazy diet. But, super cool your kids enjoy it so much and are eating. You look great too, so something must be working. Your pup is adorable and holy cow, does put up with a lot it looks like. I think it's awesome that your kids fight for the heat vent too. we totally used to do that. oh, the joys of a kid. Favorite pic by far, however, is the true musician. LOL

    ReplyDelete