Friday, June 5, 2009

bummer

This week's 5 Things:

1. Today, Isaac asked me what 'bummer' meant. So, I explained that it's when something sad/bad/lame happens. He threw out a few scenarios that assured me he got the whole idea: "Like, how Drake is gone... is that a bummer?", "If someone stole your car... is that a bummer?", "If someone stole your TV... is that a bummer?".

"Yes", I said, "Those are all big bummers." Then I asked Luke, "Luke, do you think that's a bummer?"

Luke: "Yes, I have a bummer.", while pointing to his cute little bum.

2. The last couple of days Luke has been obsessed with skeletons. It all started yesterday at breakfast, when Luke randomly said, "I like skeletons." And, it has continued with many conversations about our bones and how they are "in dere (there)" as he points to different parts of the body. Then, today, he started saying, "I don't can't see (pointing to his eyes). Skeleton in dere take it off (as - I think - he's making motions of his flesh coming off of his skeleton). I be so sad. Dat (that) be eewee (really), super sad."
So, what I think he's trying to say is that if he were just a skeleton, he wouldn't be able to see and he wouldn't have the rest of his body... that, or he thinks his skeleton will rip itself from his body someday, which would be terrifying.

3. So, #2 reminds me of something I want to write down. Luke's use of the words 'eewee' (really), and 'super'. He loves dramatic conversations, so everything is: "eewee, eewee scary", or "super, super sad", or the combination of the two. For instance, Adam was telling me how he almost got attacked by a group of birds at the lodge. We were laughing about it, then Luke says, in his serious little voice, "That's super, super scary." It makes me smile every time.

4. Asa is now 2 years old... at least he looks older, since I cut his hair. Isaac decided to capture the baby wrangling, while holding a sharp object, fun:


Don't worry; no babies were hurt in the giving of the haircut... only a mother's finger. I don't know why I did it on my lap this time. The high chair is way easier.



Doesn't he look way older?!


5. The other day Isaac had me come see what he had made:



If you can't tell; it's a fire pit. But, what made me laugh is the size of the fire pit; about 8 inches across with tiny twigs in it. He was so proud of himself and asked me to start a fire in it (this was located in between our garage and trailer). I felt bad having to tell him that we couldn't start a fire there, so I decided we should have a weenie/marshmallow roast that night. We traveled down to Nunn's Park for the big event. First, we decided to go play at Bridal Veil Falls, then we built a spectacular fire and started roasting. The boys had a lot of fun, but I worry about them becoming little pyro's... they have always been obsessed with fire.




3 comments:

  1. Love the bummer story. Rob's niece once asked her mom, "Mom, girls have bums and boys have tails, right? Cuz I saw daddy peeing out of his tail." It's so funny how things get interpreted at those ages. Oh, and marshmallow roasting sounds amazing!! Love the fire pit. You should have roasted mini marshmallows over it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to have boys that don't turn in to pyros? Great stories. You have such sweet kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't they get the pyro thing from you? I think I remember sitting with you outside your house in Fountain Green, just burning through a box of matches, one by one. Unless that was Carrie. But I'm pretty sure it was you.

    ReplyDelete