Tuesday, June 30, 2009

the Loveridge family reunion '09

So, this year's destination... Grover, Ut. It was my sister's (Steph) turn to plan the big event. Her husband's family has a little cabin down in the town of Grover (near Capital Reef). So, the herd of us migrated down there with our tents and sunscreen for some fun. I had the back of our truck filled: stroller, bouncer, high chair, pack-n-play, baby carrier... I was prepared. It's interesting that the smaller the person, the more stuff you end up packing for them--half a truck bed dedicated to a 10 month old.

Unfortunately, Adam wasn't able to get work off, so he missed out on the whole thing. I was a little nervous to solo the trip with my three boys: a) I've never tested Asa's sleeping habits away from his crib, b) camping with a crawler is pretty exhausting, and c) Luke is, well, Luke... he usually requires a person to constantly shadow him. But, my negativism was apparently unnecessary and I ended pleasantly surprised. Asa slept great and Isaac and Luke did pretty good, overall... playing like normal children play. Some fun moments and highlights of our trip:

On our drive down we played the "animal game". You know, the game where someone thinks of an animal and the other people ask questions to try to guess it. Well, this was Isaac's first time playing, and I was surprised that he got the concept so easily (this is the kid who doesn't understand that when you play hide-and-go-seek, it's best not to tell people where you are going to hide... oh, but it is his favorite game). Here are some of his questions: "Does it have eyes?", "Does it have a head?", "Does it have ears?" Now that I think about it, I guess someone could have been thinking of a worm.

One of the days some of us hiked to Calf Creek and played in the water. My mom volunteered to stay back and watch Asa for me... what a great mom I have. Isaac and Luke did great on the hike. It's only about a mile, but it is pretty steep for a good part of the way. Of course, I do have to thank my little bro, Neil. He was always there to hold a little hand and offer assistance when needed.
The group of us who hiked to the upper falls of Calf Creek.

Uncle Neil being a champ.

Matt and Kalli


We also went into Capitol Reef and played at Boogyman Falls. This was the highlight of Asa's trip... the kid just LOVES water.

Cute little Shae

Best of all, Isaac and Luke had a blast for 4 days playing with their cousins. Isaac, especially adores his cousins and they all had fun chasing lizards, feeding chipmunks, scaring each other with rumors of bears and coyotes, riding bikes, finding bones, and getting nice and dirty.

Kalli, Isaac, and Halle sharing some wisdom and licorice.

Kade--one of the cutest little boys, ever.

Luke adores his Uncle "Me-oh". Thanks again Neil for all of your help with the boys.

4 comments:

  1. awwww, so cute. Glad it turned out so well for you. You are brave to do the whole solo trip. Neil is such a stud. haha. glad he was there to help you out. You're kids are stinkin' adorable. Oh, and pretty sure worms have heads and ears as well, although the eyes would have been a good question for that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you braved going solo, it wouldn't have been the same without you guys. Despite any excess of energy you might feel your kids have I think they are some of the sweetest kids around. Good job to you and Adam. (and next time you decide to post a picture of someone in all their naked white fleshiness you should get their consent.... just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I was glad you came, but Ethan just wouldn't have been Ethan without his Guke there! those 2 crack me up! I love all your cute little boys. I think Chris might steel Asa from you but pretty sure you'd know where to find them. I love your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a brave girl. Glad it was so much fun. Cute boys!

    ReplyDelete