Tuesday, November 3, 2009

halloween 09

I have enjoyed Halloween so much more now that I have kids that are old enough to be excited about it. I even dressed up for the first time since being married, it is that enjoyable. My biggest problem with dressing up is that I lack the creativity to come up with a costume (at least something clever - which is what I always want). So, this year I decided to let my boys decide what Adam and I should be. And, they decided Superman and a witch (so clever, right?).

We took the boys to a 'haunted' house for the first time. They were beyond excited. I heard Isaac on the phone with my brother (since he is my personal secretary) right before we were leaving, saying: "Guess what Uncle Neil, we are going to a haunted house! I've never been to one before. I think I might get scared, but I'm going to be brave." They were so cute as they talked of getting scared the whole way there. We requested the creepy tour, instead of the scary one, so it was perfect for them. They have been talking about it ever since.

The little trick-or-treaters

Batman, what was a ghost at one point (the costume was off before leaving the house), and a skeleton

A 6'7" man in a ridiculous duck costume (hilarious), and an adorable lion

After every house, Luke would run back to me and show me how many more houses we would be visiting... it was always 4 or 5.

The weird duck (ha ha) getting in on our pic.

My adorable mom ready to hop on her sled and find some sick powder (she was a snowmobiler).

Us, in all our Halloween spirit.

This was the highlight of Halloween for me. I would get more and more excited for Adam's costume as I came across red underwear, red socks, the perfect red sheet to transform into the cape, blue spandex. But, the final result was much more fantastic than I had envisioned.

The Daili Lama, Mona Lisa, a gypsee, superwoman, and a cute little cowboy

Okay, so this had me laughing so hard! My lovely sister, Stephanie, did the most wonderful job of taking away all of her attractiveness. I'm not sure what to even call her costume... What Not To Wear's perfect candidate? From the horrid hairdo, to the uncontrolled facial hair/zero makeup, down to the tapered pants and holiday sweater combo - it was perfection. And by the way, this is a great example of why no one should wear tapered pants. She actually has a nice little butt, but you would never know that in these horrible pants.

7 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! Also, I'm sorry for not coming up this weekend - I couldn't find any pumpkin to make the cookies. Are you guys gonna be around next Sunday evening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look awesome! You are definitely scoring some cool mom points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun Halloween for all of you. My kids would never want to go to a Haunted house - not even my older boys. They are scardy cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sisters costume is AWESOME and so is Adam's. What a fun time with your kids. They are all so cute. And I thought you looked great as a witch. Very fun. We need to dress up next year. It makes it so much fun for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious. I can't believe you made the superman! looks professional. especially the hair curl. The duck is great, 'cuz who wears that and then gets in multiple pictures. Your sister's pants are phenomenal and everything sounds so fun!!! Halloween without little kids, ya, not so amazing. haah

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you called the duck "ridiculous" that's code for HOT, right? I seriously can't believe he still went as Donald even after I had baled on him as Daisy...what a good sport! I think next year, you, Steff and i should have a competition to see who could actually be the most unattractive. Imagine the possibilities w/ my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are so great! What cute little trick-or-treaters. Oh, and Adam. It's not just the (incredibly awesome!) outfit. It's the pose. HILARIOUS.

    Well done, Amy! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete