Saturday, November 28, 2009

it's a miracle!

1. Asa is finally walking! He has now decided to make walking his first choice to get around, and leaves crawling to when he's in a hurry. I thought this day would never come. It has taken him the longest of my kids, at 15 months. Luke takes first place at 10 months, leaving Isaac in 2nd at 13 months. Hallelujah!

2. Adam was joking around with Luke the other day, and said, "You're big poops, and he's little poops (referring to Asa)." Then Luke added, "And your HUGE poops."

3. Isaac learned some pretty sweet karate moves from his friend:


4. I was able to go out to dinner with Carrie and my best friend from childhood, Bethany. It had been 7 years since we had last seen each other. Thanks to facebook we were reunited, and since she has moved back to Utah, we were able to get together. She is an incredible person who has overcome some pretty heavy trials and problems in her life. It is wonderful how you never lose a bond with someone after so many years. It's even more wonderful to find out they are in a much (MUCH!!!) better situation in their life. Thanks again, Beth, for being such an inspiration to me!

5. We enjoyed Thanksgiving with my whole family this year. It has been a great time for me to reflect on how truly blessed I am to have such an incredible family. They all love and accept me for who I am - flaws and all. I know that I could turn to any of them for help. They are my best friends. One of my biggest "hopes" in life, is that Adam and I are able to raise our kids to have the same kind of relationship with one another.

Random pics of the week:

My little carpenters

While I was in the kitchen, I heard Asa whining about something, so I went into the living room to see what was wrong. It looked like he was trying to move this chair over to the work bench, so I helped him out. He immediately climbed into the chair and stayed there for a good half an hour - until I had to pull him away for bed... he was not happy.

Okay, so the following pictures may all look the exact same, but a mother notices the tiniest little variations that make it hard to choose just one. I hung up the Christmas lights yesterday, and so for the last two nights Asa has climbed onto a chair and stares out the window, pointing and talking at the lights. He's too adorable!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great and thankful week! Your kids are quite the carpenters and those are quite the workshop set-ups for them. As for the Christmas lights, freakin' adorable pictures. That would certainly make you glad you put them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 had me laughing out loud (literally!) and #4 had me in tears.

    I'm so glad we were finally able to get together, and that we were able to crack each other up just as much as ever. Love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ninja moves! Something we are lecking at my house. Can I borrow Asa for a walking demo for Grace? She takes steps, but crawling is so much faster.

    ReplyDelete