Friday, April 23, 2010

disappointed gratefulness

1. I did what I swore I wouldn't do this pregnancy... get my hopes up. I went into it completely expecting to have another boy, but I guess the hormones messed up my logic or something. There were moments I really thought I might have a girl after all. But, it's a no go. I visited my sis at the hospital and she did an ultrasound for me, and I swear the first shot we saw was the ever so recognizable penis. I feel guilty for feeling disappointment because I know of so many people who struggle just to have a child, but that's what I feel... disappointment. Of course I know that I will welcome him with open arms and he will be all I could ever want. But for now, I'm a little bummed. Oh, and I don't want to come up with another boy name.

2. This morning Luke came up to me and said, "You are sure a good mommy." Then kissed my leg. Maybe he could sense my mourning. :)

3. As we were eating dinner the other night, Isaac kept going, "Mmmm...mmmmm...mmmm..." as he was eating. Finally, Adam asked him if he could stop making that noise (cute at first - after a while, not so much). Isaac managed to keep quiet for a few minutes, but then said, "It's so hard not to make that sound because it's so yummy."

4. Another dinner moment: As we were eating Luke said, "This will make me strong, huh?". Then he ran into the other room for a brief moment and ran back to the table and said, "Nope, can't lift up the couch yet."

5. Isaac started his second year of soccer. So fun. It really is. It's fun to see him get excited about it. It's also pretty amusing to watch the pack of kids fighting for the ball - elbowing teammates and opponents out of their way so that they can get the goal. Isaac actually managed to score a goal on his very first game! So cool!


Isaac after his goal - he was very excited.

Still excited.

Go team yellow!

A couple other pics:

Asa is constantly bringing me his shoes (ooo) to put on him so that he can go outside (si). The other day he brought me some shoes, these socks, and this belt to put on him so that he could go outside. I thought it was a well thought out number.

Adam built a birdhouse per Isaac's request the other day. Then the boys painted it in a variety of beautiful colors. Now if we can convince a bird to take residence in it, we will have two very excited boys.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I can so relate to that feeling of grateful disappointment. I promise it gets better. Anytime you need a girl fix I have a couple you can borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you certainly do make some awesome boys, so maybe God was leaning towards letting you shine! :) Totally understandable though...as far as the food, you must make some really good food to not be able to eat it without making that sound. I want some. As for the soccer, that rocks. I can totally picture you as the soccer mom. And, lastly, the number that Asa put together is super hot. You have a little designer on your hands. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I finally got to meet them this week! Loved Luke's "...still can't lift the couch" comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, my heart goes out to you. I still find myself mourning and I feel so ungrateful. We're done, so maybe this FPU will give us financial freedom and then I can adopt two girls...ha ha ha! Someone to go shopping with, or get pedicures and who will visit you when you're boys forget Mother's day! Or, maybe, our boys will be very protective of us and always keep in touch. That's what I'm praying for. But, not going to lie, I'm not sure boys are ever fun to shop with! (By the way, my Luke is our 4th and he is a pure joy and delight! So, I hope you get the same.)

    Thank you for the amazing cookies. I really was not complaining...we don't need the calories or sugar...but I've enjoyed many of yours anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to be careful. There is something strong in the water around here. The great thing is once they're here, you never want to trade your baby for something else. We are grateful for the three little Pulley boys we know all ready and I bet the fourth will be just as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thik it's awesome that you're having another little boy. We can't wait for little Epselon Ray Pulley to get here (feel free to use that name)

    ReplyDelete