Friday, April 24, 2009

gullible, part 2

Ah, Isaac... I love your imagination!

At dinner tonight, Isaac starts closing his eyes and waving his hands around, while chanting "I wish, I wish and with my imagination, I make my milk (or food, or brother) disappear." Then, he would open his eyes to see if anything happened. So, when I finally caught on to what he was doing, I grabbed his milk cup as he was closing his eyes. The look on his face was priceless as he opened his eyes to discover his milk was gone. He starts saying, "It worked! Where did it go?", as he is giggling, looking around for his milk.

Next, it was time to bring back his milk, so he chants for his milk to come back (while closing his eyes). I slipped it into place and, once again, amazement! We did this a dozen more times (the magic worked on all of our cups)... each time making me laugh more and more. And each time I was able to flawlessly move the cup in time while his eyes were closed. I was really expecting him to peak so that he could actually see the magic happen, but they stayed closed every time.

Well, the magic had to come to an end. He wasn't too disappointed to find out that it was me moving the cups and not his wizardry skills... it just created a fun game of making us all disappear (a.k.a, hide-and-go-seek).

4 comments:

  1. He is such a sweet boy! I really love having him in Primary. He finds joy is such simple things, and happiness radiates from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you have quite a future in being a magician's assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family so much. It was nice to see you guys this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete