Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Luke pays attention in nursery!

Ever since Easter Sunday, Luke has been talking about a few aspects of the atonement (at least his interpretation of it). Which leads me to conclude that he actually pays attention, somewhat, in nursery... since I am a slacker parent, and know that my kids didn't gain this knowledge from myself. I want to write down what he has been saying, because I am sure to forget (and I keep forgetting to video it, which would be even better).

So, it goes a little something like this (in his deep, serious voice):

"Jesus die. Jesus so sad. Jesus not die, got better. Jesus gets bad guys (I think he throws a little spiderman into the story at times, since he is a big fan). Jesus locked in tomb. Jesus push really hard (as he pushes against something with all his might). Jesus so strong (as he flexes his muscles). Luke not locked in tomb... be so sad."

Isaac, also paid attention, and was able to recite most of the story to me. His version goes a little something like this:

"Some bad people killed Jesus on the cross... why did they do that? How did they get him on the cross? His friend cried when they killed him... why did he cry? His friends put his body in a tomb... how did they move the big rock? Will I be in a tomb when I die? Jesus was in the tomb for 3 days and was resurrected. Mary cried because she thought someone took Jesus' body... why did she think they took his body? He talked to her, and she was happy."

Isaac loves to ask questions, even when the answer is obvious, or he already knows the answer since he has already asked the question a number of times. This makes the long drives to grandma's house go by very quickly. And it has made him quite knowledgeable in many, very exciting, subjects... like: what dams are for or how they work, how pipes and plumbing and sewers work, how electricity gets to the houses and buildings, what rumble strips (or whatever they are called) are for, how irrigation works, why we go on green, slow down (or speed up) on yellow, and stop on red... and so forth, and so forth.

It's so fun to see the different personalities that each of my boys have. I love them all in different (but equal) ways and I pray that, as a parent, I cultivate their individual talents, gifts, and interests... instead of being frustrated by them.


Easter morning

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what they remember? My boys are always throw a little bit of superhero detail into scripture stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing what they pick up in nursery (and I'm not talking about a cold). Hannah has learned whole songs in there. I am amazed.

    ReplyDelete