Wednesday, April 1, 2009

what's my hurry?

So, as I was looking for pictures of my boys to post, I started looking at their younger pictures. This made me mournful. I have forgotten so much, so fast! I started to cry as I was looking at my little babies, realizing that time really does fly by and at how much I have forgotten. People have always told me to enjoy these years because they go by so quickly, but still I have been so eager to get to the next stage... thinking that life will be much easier. Easier? I'm pretty sure I yell a lot more than I did a year or two ago. I'm pretty sure my kids are no less inquisitive, rowdy, or noisy than they were a year or two ago. Yes, my boys are still very young, and given a few more years it will be easier to do certain things (like going to restaurants, or other people's houses, or church... well, most public places). But, I am realizing that there will be a lot of things I will miss terribly once I reach that point... like their fascination with everything around them, the fact that they still think I'm funny, the fact that they don't get embarrassed when I dance, the endless possibilities of a cardboard box, all the hugs and kisses I could ever want/need, and all of those funny, innocent little things that they say that I end up forgetting, even when I think I won't. What is my hurry?

3 comments:

  1. I needed this post! Sometimes I feel like I am wishing time away. Super cute blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wisdom from my little sis. Me and Jackie were just talking about this very thing the other day. I guess that would be a plug for journal's so you don't forget those moments. I think there there will still be moments to look forward to as they get older. (at least I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, you have a blog. Seriously, you will love it. It helps us remember those little things that we never want to forget but can be forgotten with time. This was a sweet post. Your boys are so cute. Luke is definitely a Loveridge and Issac looks like a Pulley. It's so cool to see your cute boys.

    ReplyDelete