Tuesday, April 28, 2009

happy birthday Luke!

Monday, April 27 was Luke's 3rd birthday. To celebrate, we had the Pulley clan over on Sunday for dinner and cake, and on Monday we went to the park with the Loveridge gang. We had a lot of fun getting together with family. Luke loves to play with his cousins, and he loves cake so he was thrilled.


So, here is a list of things about Luke at age 3:

1. Luke is very small for his age... he looks more like a 2 year old.

2. He may be small, but his personality is not. I challenge anyone to find a child as strong willed and intense as Luke is. He has to try to do EVERYTHING himself. There aren't as many battles between us now that I have figured this out and am willing to take the extra time to let him try. I know that he was sent here to teach me patience... and I am working on it.

3. He is EXTREMELY loving. This is one of my favorite things about Luke. He gives his hugs and kisses and cuddling out freely, making him one of the favorites with his grandma's. I'm sure part of it is to manipulate his way out of trouble, but mostly he just has a big heart.

4. He is very playful... another thing that I love about him. He loves to laugh, play, tease, and joke around with any willing person.

5. He has a deep, sort of raspy, little voice that melts my heart. My favorite is when he is telling me something serious - looking up at me through those big eyelashes with that look of concern on his face, while lengthening the last word in each sentence for greater affect... it's adorable.

6. He is very athletic. I know this because he can figure a way to climb up, pretty much anything. And he is incredibly fast. I've learned to never underestimate him.

7. Luke is very loud. Whether he's laughing, crying, or screaming, the volume is always on max.

8. He doesn't eat much (which drives his grandma's crazy). But, he does eat breakfast very well, so I take full advantage... the only time we eat cold cereal is if we are in a hurry, or as a snack.

9. Luke loves to spend time with his dad. Whether it's riding some ATV/snowmobile, or just running errands, he will never pass up an opportunity to tag along.

10. Finally, Luke loves spiderman. He ended up receiving quite a bit of spiderman loot (and other great non-spiderman gifts) at his parties, and was he ever excited! Every time he opened a new one he would squeal, "spoiermyan!"



I would like to thank Walmart for the plethara of spiderman toys they offered.


cake #1... the homemade icecream cake. I love the look on his face as he is waiting to blow out the candle.


cake #2... the magnificent volcano cake (per Luke's request)



5 comments:

  1. Luke has the sweetest face! He may not always act like an angel, but he sure looks like one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes are awesome! Did you make them?? Happy Birthday little Luke, as Drew calls him. Also sweet Spiderman Bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Amy! I just happened upon your blog. I love it! Such funny stories! Luke looks old in these pictures. And the homemade cake looks great! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! How do you make ice cream cake? I think I'd like to try it for David's 2nd birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you supermom! I love the volcano cook, how cool. I think Luke looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete