Monday, August 24, 2009

asa's first birthday


It's amazing how fast a whole year can go by once you have children. I can't believe it has already been a year since Asa was born. Maybe it seemed to go by quicker because he has been my easiest baby... or, maybe I've been a little more distracted. Even though he is only one, he still has quite a personality, so here are a few things about Asa:

- Like I mentioned, he has been my easiest baby. Not that he was one of those 'so easy that it's easy to forget they are there' babies that some people are blessed with. He had some eating issues like my other babies (but, not nearly as bad), he was easy to get to sleep, but not on his own, so it took longer to get him sleep trained (my other two are thumb suckers... I found out just how nice that really is), but my favorite thing about him as an infant, compared to my other two, was that he didn't have that late evening fussy period... that earned him the favorite baby award. Oh, another thing that has been nice, is that he's not obsessed with cords and outlets like my other two were. I'll take banging pots and pans over electrical obsessions any day.

- So, at first I thought Asa was going to be a calm/peaceful child. I had paid my dues with the other two and he was a pretty good baby, so it seemed like my break was coming. But, as time goes on he shows me that he may be almost as intense as Isaac and Luke. I'm not sure how much of it has been learned from those two as examples, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it is just who he is.

- Asa is a big screamer - making car rides loads of fun. It doesn't help that his brother's seem to encourage this behavior by having screaming contests with him - they think it's hilarious.

- So far, Asa hasn't experienced much stranger anxiety - he's willing to go to pretty much anyone. But, he still prefers me, so my self esteem is still going strong.

- He is very lovey/cuddly, but squirmy at the same time. He's not one to sit on a lap.

- He HATES missing an open door opportunity. Every time he sees/hears a door shut before he has made it through, he suffers major disappointment. Usually, by collapsing on the floor and crying until consoled.

Birthday morning

Asa got to play in cake, not once, but twice - once with the Pulleys and once with the Loveridges

Asa and Sophie. They are only 5 days apart.

One of 4 cakes I made for his birthday. 2 for the Pulley gathering, and 2 for the Loveridge gathering... we have large families.

Asa and Grandma Loveridge

Luke and Kade

Isaac and the ladies.

4 comments:

  1. He is so adorable Amy! I'm sorry I missed the Pulley party. When did you have it?

    I love that you write these things. Your posts never fail to make me smile. :)

    Love, Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Asa! That is hilarious he does that with doors. Caleb does the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him happy birthday! you should just open all the doors you can find and let him go through without shutting them first. HAHA. Cute stories about him. You love your kids so much, and it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! What a cutie. And Oh! I love your mom. Tell her I said hi, will you?

    ReplyDelete