Sunday, August 16, 2009

stewart falls

Last week my neighbor, Sarah, and I hiked to Stewart Falls with our kids. The hike is about 5 miles round trip, so I new this might push the limit a bit for them (Luke especially). But, I figured the reward of getting to a waterfall would make it worth it to them. I was so impressed with how well they did! There were no tears and only minimal whining. I ended up carrying Luke a few times, but not as much as I had anticipated. They loved playing at the waterfall and Asa loved eating rocks. I was so proud of them for doing so well, while keeping a pretty cool attitude the whole time.

Luke and Sarah

I'm glad Luke is my little monkey. It made it much easier to carry him when required.

Asa was quite content to sit here and eat the rocks.

Asa had it easy.

The waterfall was the motivation on the way there, and playing on the cement water tank was the motivation for the way back.

5 comments:

  1. You are one tough mama to carry two kids up a mountain. It looks beautiful up there. Is Stewart Falls the one on the way up the Mount Timpanogos trail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's just south of that one - closer to Sundance. But, you start at the same spot in Aspen Grove, or you can get to it from Sundance... we started from Aspen Grove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo fun. That trail is so pretty and fun! I have to learn the new Colorado trails pretty fast so I don't get homesick. Looks like the kids did great for sure!! Why is that cement water tank every there anyway? That was always my landmark for the trail rides. ahhhhhhhhh. Eating rocks, huh? Always down for a bit of giardia. haha. Looks like a ton of fun. Awesome that you aren't afraid to take your kids out and do things that might be a challenge for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey we did this hike Sunday afternoon. It's a good one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now when my kids are complaining on this hike I can say, "The Pulley boys did it, so pull yourselves together!" Thanks!

    ReplyDelete