Wednesday, August 12, 2009

we are having fun

1. A couple of weeks ago, Isaac, Luke and I got to be in Heber's parade. Yes, it was very exciting. How did we receive this great honor, you ask? Well, when you know important people like I do, it's quite easy. My brother had an entry for his company and needed some people to ride in his wagon.

Joe the Bandit and Emma

2. For some reason Luke thinks that everything is a hair product and thus, puts it in his hair: i.e., desitin, lotion, liquid soap, vasaline, bug spray, and this week's discovery - neosporin. I have to admit, the kid has style. By the way, I DO make every attempt to keep all of these type of items out of his reach, but Luke is quite a sneeky monkey, so there are moments when my efforts fail.




3. Speaking of my sweet, sneeky monkey, he has been so fun and enjoyable the last few weeks. I think we are enjoying a breakthrough moment as parents. I'm not saying that he wasn't enjoyable before, but we have had quite a few tantrums/melt downs over the last couple years. It feels like we have finally made it to the top of a mountain after a long struggle and it is finally clear and calm (hopefully we don't have to leave for a while). I think what has happened is that we are finally getting to where we can reason with him and he is understanding the whole consequence thing a lot better. It also helps that his language skills have improved dramatically over the past few months and Adam and I are slowly figuring out how to deal with things better. But, despite any struggles that he gives us, we adore our little guy and appreciate all of the fun and love he brings into our home.

Oh, and my favorite Luke phrase at the moment is "huge, big". He says this all the time, as in "My muscles are huge, big."

4. We got Isaac a new bed. I hope this doesn't reflect on what the future might hold for him. I was really counting on him to support us in our old age - not live on the streets.

He requested to sleep here... don't judge me.

5. We took the boys to Cascade Springs for a nice nature moment. They, of course, loved all the water... except the fact that they were not allowed to play in it. Isaac had us read every one of the information signs we came across, and was very interested in learning about all of the animals and vegetation, but most of all, how the underground 'plumbing system' works.

They still managed to enjoy the water.

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your 5 things. Your boys are so cute. Your stories made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke's breakthrough gives me hope for Hannah. Its always fun to read your 5 things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Milo does the same thing. He puts everything in his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cascade Springs pictures are so cute. You guys are just a great little family with your fun little adventures. So exciting. I am interested about the underground plumbing as well. Love the bed. That is so awesome. Seriously, as a kid, NOTHING was better than a box. It could be absolutely everything I needed. That's awesome. Oh, and how about you get the kid some hair gel? Then he could have style without being sneaky. HAHA, just kidding. But, glad you try to claim you keep those things away from him. :) Oh, and we just go internet in colorado, so hopefully my blog will have a new post soon.

    ReplyDelete