Wednesday, May 6, 2009

a few little notes

Here are a few things I want to write down, because they made me smile:

Last night Adam made himself a protein shake before he went to basketball and gave a little bit to Isaac. Adam said he was standing there when, all of a sudden, Isaac comes running around the corner, right into him. When asked what he was doing, he said, "I was seeing if I could run faster".

This morning Adam witnessed an unfortunate accident involving a car and a kid on a bike in front of our house (don't worry, he's alright). Isaac quickly noticed the police cars and ambulance, so he watched the going on's out the window for a while. As he was watching, he looks down at Asa and says, "It's good you can't see this, it's very sad".

One last Isaac moment: During his prayers tonight, Isaac asked Heavenly Father to help his owie get better, as he points down to his side to show Heavenly Father and says, "right here".

My next moment involves Luke and gives me hope: So, last night I had to give Asa some tylenol and use some ear drops (the ear infection that won't die). Apparently, in my sleepless state of mind, I left them out where Luke could get them. This would usually have a very predictable outcome, BUT something unusual happened today. Instead of running to some hidden corner in the house and emptying both bottles (childproof doesn't apply to Luke), I heard him say, "Oh, mommy", and he comes running into the kitchen and handed me both unemptied bottles. He definitely got a sticker for that one.

Lastly, I just want to write down a little about Asa at 8 1/2 months. He almost makes me believe that we have evolved from apes. He has this grip that would be comparable to a baby monkey holding onto it's mother. And, although he has probably ripped half of my hair, and numerous pairs of earrings out (which I hardly where anymore), I love it! He grabs a handful of hair at the back of my neck, and pulls his face right against mine (this doesn't hurt, it's when he grabs little strands around my face, that brings tears). It's like he's putting all of his effort into an enormous hug and it makes me feel important.

You do have to be careful about laying on the ground with him in the same room, because he immediately crawls up, and grabs on to your hair, face, or ears and squeals like a maniac. Isaac and Luke always find this funny until those little fingers won't let go.

Although I don't seem to get as much done as I would like with Asa always tugging on my leg, I get overwhelmed with love when I pick that little guy up and get to comfort him. He is such a sweetheart... a needy one, but still a sweetheart.

5 comments:

  1. These are all so dang cute. I love these types of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little moments like these. They wipe away the not so fun moments, and make being a mom the best job in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute Amy, sounds like you guys are doing great!! Can't believe your kids are so grown up all of a sudden. Stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are golden. I'm glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the protein shake story. Kids always expect instant results, don't they.

    ReplyDelete