Friday, May 15, 2009

heartbroken

So, we have been missing our dog, Drake, since Sunday (we suspect someone took him... lame!). Of course, this breaks our hearts. He is a great dog, and most importantly, he is GREAT with our boys. But, what really breaks my heart is how sad this has made Isaac. With each passing day I lose more hope, but not Isaac. He keeps saying that maybe whoever finds him (we didn't tell him that we think he was taken) will somehow know to drive by our house. And, to help them if they do, he made this today to hang on a tree:

He also set up a "contraption" that will somehow lure Drake back home. He's frustrated that stray animals keep eating the dog food that is suppose to make it work:

Every prayer he says, he asks for Heavenly Father to help Drake come home. And if someone else is saying the prayer, he makes sure to remind them to do the same. Tonight I heard him in the other room talking, then I realized that he was saying a prayer. I only caught a little bit, but this is sort of what I heard: "please help the people who find Drake to drive by our house and see our note because I love him and want him to be back in his kennel." I have tried to explain that he should also pray for Heavenly Father to help him feel better if Drake doesn't return, but he prefers to stay optimistic. Oh, to have the faith of a child. I hope there is a chance of his return, but if not, we are sure going to miss our Drake.

6 comments:

  1. awwwwww, Amy that is soooo sad. I really hope someone did not take him, 'cuz that is INCREDIBLY lame. At the same time, so cute that your kids loved him so much and Isaac's sign is adorable. Keep us posted!
    On another note, totally love that you're loving my blog, I think I'm pretty hilarious, but most others don't. haha. Anyway, also, yes, engaged to Rob Garr, I think you know him. Getting married on Dec.28th and it's a super small ceremony at Sundance, go figure. We are having a reception though in Orem and I'll get you info on that as soon as it's nailed down. In the mean time, just making spirals and planning a wedding and moving to Denver to start Pharmacy School in August. I know, not too much is going on. I feel as calm as ever. Prob about as calm as you feel with all your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. Seriously, if someone took him karma is going to bite them in the you know what. Does he have tags? Have you checked with the animal shelter? We lost Gracie for a few days while we were visiting Utah and we were devastated, but she ended up in the animal shelter. I really hope you find him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe someone would take a dog! I love the sign. And don't underestimate the power of a child's prayer....they can really make things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sign makes me want to give that kid a squeeze. Give him one for me, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks that someone probably took your dog, what is wrong with people?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sad thing. We'll keep our eyes open for him.

    ReplyDelete