Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I can ride my bike with no handlebars... I mean training wheels.

This weeks 5 things:

1. We were driving by the Wallsburg turnoff the other day, and Isaac asked where that road went. I told him that's how you get to Wallsburg, and that we use to live there before he was born.
"Can we go there someday?", he asked.
"Sure", I said.
"Do they speak a different language there?", he asked.

2. Asa is getting louder and LOUDER. He has this insane squeal that he does that makes me think he is going to be just as loud as his brothers. I guess he's learning from the best.


3. I received the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from Luke:


4. With the recent loss of our beloved dog, Grandma Loveridge thought the boys needed some new pets to help take their minds off of him. It just so happened that she had some right in her garden:

Anybody who knows me, knows how FREAKED out this makes me! But, I am determined not to make my boys as paranoid of bugs/slimy things as I am. So, I put on my happy face, and politely declined all offerings to hold the snails.


5. Isaac can officially ride his bike without training wheels. He's been wanting to try, so I took them off and headed over to the track for our first lesson. Our first attempt left me thinking that it was going to take a while to master a 2-wheeler. Well, tonight we all went back over - this time Adam was there to give his expertise. Apparently, Adam said or did something that worked, because Isaac made it around the entire track pretty smoothly (I still think he just needed time for my lesson to sink in and his confidence was ready). By the time we were leaving, Isaac had figured out how to start and stop (sort of) by himself. He kept asking us, "Are you so proud of me?". And, yes I really was. I love these moments, as a parent... to see your child so proud of himself for learning or mastering something.

I hadn't been on a bike since selling mine to pay for my baby Isaac. Nice to see that I've still got it.

5 comments:

  1. nice...you totally still have it, that's amazing, looks like you never missed a day. I LOVE the bouquet, it's freakin' adorable. As for the snails, I'm with you. Have you ever seen the slime trail they leave behind on the sidewalk when they crawl? Perhaps you should go for hermit crabs. Oh ya, and I have always wanted to drive to wallsburg as well, but have ceased to ever take that turn. However, now at least I know when I do take the plunge I'll still be able to speak english when I get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOHOOO! I think learning to ride a bike is such a HUGE step. Maybe because we are a little obsessed with bikes...Way to go Issac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your posts Amy! I loved the beautiful boquet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are adorable AND sweet. Could that bouquet be any better? Look on the bright side, at least grandma didn't have any rodents or reptiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Loveridge girls are all elbows and knees. Maybe Grandma Loveridge will give them a snake next, wouldn't that be fun? *passes out*

    ReplyDelete