Sunday, May 24, 2009

soccer mom?

Isaac participated in his first team sport this year... soccer. It's funny, I wasn't sure what to expect from him, but once I saw him play his first game, I wasn't surprised. Granted, he had never played soccer before, he is only 4, and he had never played in a team sport, so you wouldn't expect a (insert any famous soccer player's name here) performance. He was pretty much in la la land... running around in the general vicinity of the group of kids, looking everywhere except at the ball, occasionally sitting down mid field or running over to me at the sidelines to tell me he loves me. I'm not trying to sound disappointed, because all that matters to me is that he had fun... which he did. I'm not sure if it was just the anticipation of snacks after the game, but he was definitely excited for each game. The best part is, at the last game he actually made a goal! I even captured it on film. I finally remembered my camera at the last game so that I could show my family how funny it was (again, not making fun of him, he just makes me laugh). Instead of being like every other game, he actually put some effort into it - keeping up with the kids, kicking the ball in the right direction a few times, and then making the big goal. What a way to go out! Now we will just have to see if he liked it enough to do it again next year... I'm really eager to be a soccer mom.

A good soccer mom would have had her child's soccer attire ready for his first game. Luckily, he doesn't care about that kind of stuff and he still had a blast.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, that is great!!! I think it's hilarious that you can at least laugh about it. Although, I think you must get quite a bit more competitive in your thoughts to truly be a soccer mom. haha. Just kidding, he looks great, and what could be better than a goal?!!? I can totally picture the lala land as well as the not caring, in fact, I'm thinking my soccer start was much like that, although I never scored a goal. That really may have changed things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Issac ruled that soccer field.

    ReplyDelete